GEA - China is working with members of MOST's
International Training Center for Sustainable Development to refine an initial
set of projects to build a vibrant environmental education system. GEA - China
is also targeting key leverage points and developing links with U.S. institutions
and projects to advance an infrastructure within China to support environmental
Madame Deng Nan and Laura Utley presenting the "Water
Conservation" books to Chinese students.
- Facilitate emerging environmental technologies by introducing leading
edge technology .
- Select, secure rights to, and make available the best environmental
education materials, software, and textbooks for translation and dissemination
by the Ministry of Science and Technology.
- Develop training programs for government officials and teachers .
- Initiate new national environmental education programs, such as contests
and collaborative field data collection.
Environmental Education Activities
- Enhance summer environmental camps and programs
- Expand environmental education/science training centers
- Promote environmentally-sound school facilities and operations programs
Catalyze a vibrant community of environmental educators in China through
training, tools, and community building:
- Hold a series of Sino-U.S. summits with environmental education leaders
from both countries to improve environmental education activities
- Establish a China environmental education resources website
- Help create and establish national standards for environmental education
- Develop and hold teacher training initiatives
- Create a professional environmental education society, journal, and
national conference in China
Search | Contact